Knowledge on beauty and fashion won’t give you brownie points in the smart department which is why I think it is very silly and irresponsible to not be well read. Reading not only gives you discussion starter points other than ‘have you tried the new fragrance by Lancôme’, ‘isn’t Tony Abbot a dick’, ‘how is your sex life or ‘what’s your take on the Bingle vs. Clarke scandal’; it also teaches you things about the world and life that you wouldn’t necessarily know or learn otherwise.
The 20 books I think every woman should read are;
1) A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini.
2) Mirage – Soheir Khashoggi
Both of these tales give any woman a true insight into the relentless state of suffering by women in parts of the world and will completely change your perception of what to complain about forever.
3) It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be – Paul Arden
4) The Secret – Rhonda Byrne
Since reading these two books I have applied the general principals and definitely seen an increase of the success brought into my life. These books teach you how to use yourself and your mind to get what you want from life.
5) Lonely Planet – Travel
6) Lonely Planet – Language
The travel books by lonely planet are a traveler’s bible; everything you could possibly need to know before going to a certain destination is found in the appropriate book. Become well travelled and well cultured by having the ability to speak more than one language. There is nothing more inspirational or educational than speaking to someone who has travelled to many different places and who can speak more than the one language.
7) Style A to Zoe – Rachel Zoe
8 ) In Vogue Australia: 50 years of Australian Style – Kirstie Clements and Lee Tulloch
These fashion books are necessary to read as they help assist you develop you own style and teach you the history, and education behind the fashion industry.
9) What Would Google Do? – Jeff Jarvis.
10) The Accidental Billionaires – Ben Mezrich
11) Groundswell – Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff
The future is online so you need to understand how it works. READ THESE!
12) The Twilight Saga – Stephenie Meyer
13) Harry Potter – J. K Rowling
Get off your high horse and jump on board, everyone has read these because they are AMMMMAZZZINNGGGG stories so jump on the Edward and Harry bandwagon……you know you want to.
14) Skinny Bitch – Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin
15) Dr Joshi’s Holistic Detox – Dr Nish Josh
You are what you eat – simple. Read these and you will think twice before you deep throat dead carcass, fly high on a sugar high or guzzle your body weight in vodka.
16) Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
17) Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
Classics that every woman should read. Beautiful stories.
18) The Magic Faraway Tree – Enid Byton
Awakens imagination and creativity in everyone.
19) Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold
20) 19 Minutes – Jodi Picoult
Gives different perspectives on topics that move and disturb the reader.
So there you have my dears, get reading!