Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels
When Kate Moss first proclaimed that ‘nothing tastes as good as skinny feels’- my initial reaction was that she obviously had never tasted a chocolate hazelnut torte.
Two years ago I shed a lot of weight until I was a skinny, toned size 6-8. Yeah I looked damn fine but it was bloody hard work.
I am currently a size 8-10, with a small helping of wobbles and I am happier. Food is a huge part of my life and there is nothing better than a great meal.
Exercising for two hours a day and living off vita wheat’s, carrot sticks and the occasional shot of caffeine certainly made me thin but cheese stuffed vegetables and zucchini puffs teamed with walks and a personal training session per week suited me much better.
Enjoying food shouldn’t make you fat, it should make you healthy. Rules for maintaining slimness whilst enjoying food?
1) Ditch the frozen good – foods found in the freezer are tasteless and filled with empty calories
2) Eat out and eat well- food is worth spending money on
3) Shop at fresh food markets
4) The essentials for any fridge include bakery bread, good cheeses, fresh fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices
5) Eat for pleasure – my rule has always been that I refuse to eat something I don’t like. Eating is a luxury that many people remain ignorant to – many people in the world don’t have any – so enjoy it.