WARNING – Health Crisis
I got a massive wakeup call yesterday when my trainer told me that a) my thighs were getting big and b) my health is appalling. At 21 I am APPARENTLY supposed to be sleeping well, maintaining an excellent metabolism and buzzing with so much energy I could run a 50km marathon……
I think not.
It’s finally time I took control of my health and in my typically fashion, take control by the balls.
So if you commit or suffer any of the following, you may want to re-evaluate your health WITH ME;
- Consumption of energy drinks
- Forgetting to eat sometimes
- Greasy hangover food
- Eating whatever you want all the time and then 5 days before an important ‘figure-hugging-dress’ event going cold turkey on all foods groups besides water and celery
- Binge drinking
- Social smoking
- Choosing the TV over exercise
- 4am Kebabs
- The irrevocable food choices made with a VERY sweet tooth
- Eating wayyyyy to many carbs and too little protein
- Thinking that sugar free varieties are healthy
- Subsiding on 6 hours of sleep per night during the week then sleeping in till 11am on a Sunday
- Feeling tired all the time
- Prone to breakouts
- Water retention
- Irregular erm bowel movements…………………………
I don’t know about you but the above pretty much sums up my life, once an energetic little bumble bee I now find myself almost 4 years after finishing high school with an added 10 kilos (yes TEN) stuck to my ass, a drinking problem, less energy than my 83 year old grandfather and the eating habits of a 3 year old child.
Do not ask me HOW on earth I gained that much weight as I really have no idea. LUCKILY I was quite thin so the 10 kilos has kept me at a nice size 10 or under but damn do I miss those skinny little pins. I do not think that I need to lose 10 kilos as I will never have the same figure as I did when I was 18 (wouldn’t want to really) but I do think it’s time about 5 of those pesky kilos were removed from what my beloved friends have named ‘ my jelly ass’ . (Assholes)
Ahh the issue with alcohol…well to be completely honest I’m not going to give it up. I can’t stand those self righteous bores who go out then sit in the corner anti-socially with a Sprite in hand – tossers. My aim is to perhaps LESSON the amount to only slight inebriation rather than the ‘I have no idea what happened last night’ drunken forte I usually bestow upon myself.
The non-existent energy levels, a typical day will have me cursing my SATC themed alarm tone and yawning consistently before I finally drag myself out of bed and into the car. Yawning the entire way to work I am grumpily considering once again whether or not to become a bum so I never have to get up before 10. Upon my arrival at work no productivity will transpire until I have guzzled my first energy drink. At the usual slump time of 11am I will sip my second slowly and hope that the buzz lasts till the end of the day. Upon arriving home I perch myself in front of my laptop/TV or a book and promptly go to sleep any time after 9pm.
The eating habits – they constantly cause amazement to the majority of people I meet and friends/family. I constantly get the question what do I eat? You can see why people ask this question as; I don’t eat ANY meat, I hate weird vegetables like eggplant and mushrooms, I hate eggs and I can’t eat many different meals or foods due to having a weird phobia about different textures of foods. ON TOP OF THIS I am gluten and lactose intolerant……..yep it’s quite a pickle.
I also can be quite forgetful and ‘forget’ to eat sometimes when I’m really busy – not good as once I realise this has happened I consume a family size pack of lollies in justification that my body ‘ needs’ it. HA
Ok so my aims are:
- Upon awakening one shot of liquid chlorophyll (vegetable extract) with multivitamins
- Breakfast – Ground nut mix, pumpkin seeds, fruit and yogurt
- Lunch – Brown rice with beans, cottage cheese and vegetables
- Dinner – HEALTHY MEALS e.g Lentil burger patties on RYE bread with salad or vegetable soup
- Snacks – Air-popped popcorn/nuts/fruit
- 1 – Group Personal Training session a week
- 1 – 45 minute swim per week
- 1 – 1 hour w/o per week
- 1 – group fitness class per week
I am going to do this MON-FRI to ease on into it.
My goals are;
- Lose 3 kilos before the end of July
- Have more energy
- Be ‘regular’
- Clearer skin and less bloated
- Quality sleep in which I wake up feeling refreshed and energized
Just because its winter doesn’t mean we have to dig ourselves into a little hole and hibernate with baked dinners for 3 months. Feeling unhealthy and sluggish like me? Set some goals and work on achieving them!
Let’s get ourselves in tip top HEALTH (and try our hardest to stick it out)