Fish Oil = Miracle Oil?
Let’s face it, when it comes to health claims, most things are pure hype. It’s very rare indeed when something actually lives up to the hype or exposure it gets in the media. A close friend of mine is a serial offender and I am a MASSIVE culprit – In the past six months we have subjected ourselves to;
• Colonic Irrigation – Hurt like hell and was the most expensive poo I’ve ever forked out for
• Naturopath Consultation – At $600 a pop they basically just bestowed scare tactics
• Facial Treatments including Microdermabrasion
• Bikram Yoga
• Expensive Gym Memberships and Personal Trainers
• Health food – ‘The latest and greatest’
• Organic Produce
• Multivitamins and Minerals – Combined this friend and I have probably spent in excess of $1000 on many magic pills and potions that are guaranteed to give us ‘vitality, an energy boost and glowing skin’ We take that many daily that its a surprise we don’t rattle whilst moving.
This is just a few things, the list is endless and we are constantly coming up with more.
However there is one AMAZING health claim we both have accepted in the past which I have recently started up again –this time with AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING results.
Having never noticed a difference in taking them before my fish oil tablets were getting smellier by the day as they sat in the medicine cupboard in my apartment.
Two weeks ago it was honestly like my skin erupted into itself – like a mass explosion of acne ALL OVER my face! My dad took one look at me and yelped in surprise asking “what the f*** id done to my face” (Yeah thanks Dad). I looked like a poor pimply teenage boy and I was panicking (making the situation worse) as I had my friend’s wedding in a few weeks (yes this weekend).
My beautiful trainer Nat told me to take fish oil – 4 per day – no excuse.
Two weeks later – the wedding is this weekend and MY SKIN IS BLEMISH FREE! Whoop go me! (Actually go Mr Fish Oil)
Seriously no pimples, scars, or blemishes of any kind! …………………. This better not Jinx myself.
So WHY did the Fish Oil help me?
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are two fatty acids found in fish oil.
EPA is known to reduce inflammation by helping the body to produce anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. These are hormone-like substances that are responsible for regulating all the cells in our body. By reducing the inflammation in my skin it had time to heal and repair itself.
EPA helps to inhibit the production of androgens, which are hormones that influence the production of sebum in the hair follicle. Excess sebum production can lead to acne and other skin problems. Point.
So basically the EPA created a miracle in my skin by targeting both problems my skin faces – oil and inflammation.
Go EPA – You’re amazing.
• Cancer Prevention
• Breast Cancer Prevention – In a study those that took fish oil supplements were found to have a 32% lower risk of breast cancer
• Coronary heart disease
• Clinical depression
• Brain Health
• Arthritis Aches and Pains
• Crohn’s Disease & Inflammatory Bowel Disorders
• Pregnant or Nursing Mothers
• Psoriasis and Other Skin Disorders
So go out and grab this stuff if you don’t already have it and as an insider tip DO NOT buy it unless it’s ODERLESS as the reflux if it’s not – is as you can imagine – terrible.