The HOTTEST Long Weekend Looks
Ahhh behold the long weekend that is (almost) upon us! It’s a sure sign that summer has arrived with my replacement of trackies with shorts in my weekend bag – yep time to get the lily white pins out!
The October long weekend is a pretty big fave amongst Aussies; its Spring, Christmas is coming, 60,000 people enjoy chemically enhanced highs at Parklife and the rest of us (apart from the poor suckers stuck working) chill at the beach, family BBQ’s, water view bars etc.
With the arrival of this lovely gem of a weekend comes with it a fresh face of makeup looks beckoning to be tried out after being plastered over all the models in fashion week recently.
Now there are two reasons why I think you should try the below makeup looks;
- Thick foundation and the black smokey eye are SO tired
- Spring is ALL about flirty, pretty looks
Look One – Nude and Natural
Note: This look requires a full body fake tan two days prior
- Apply concealor (Patrol – Conceal It by Napoleon Perdis) to any ‘problem’ areas or areas where you have uneven skin tone. E.g. Pigmentation, acne, scars, rosacea or dark circles.
- Apply a dusting of eye shadow (Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc in Molten chocolate) over the lid blending outwards.
- Using a ROUND brush, sweep blush (Napoleon Perdis Blush Patrol – and my CURRENT FAVOURITE PRODUCT) onto the apples of your cheeks using big swirly motions before blending upwards and back towards your temple. (This gives the allusion of healthy, high, GORGEOUS cheekbones) DON’T use too much colour as we are trying to keep this look as natural as possible.
- Apply Napoleon Perdis Long Black Mascara in Chocolate Brown to your lashes – using brown mascara like Kate in the above pic looks far more natural with a brown eyeshadow than black does.
- Finish the look with a slick of lipstick in a nude, pinky colour like ‘Atlanta’ DéVine Goddess Lipstick by Napoleon Perdis.
Beauty Note; Using an eyebrow brush, apply a bit of Vaseline to your brows then brush into place. This is how Kate has achieved the ‘polished and finished’ look.
Look Two – That little something extra.
Follow the directions for ‘Look One’ adding;
- A slick of luminous lip veil in ‘Sahara Oasis’ by Napoleon Perdis.
- Lash Patrol Faux Lashes by Napoleon Perdis.
- Loose Eye Dust in ‘Emerald City’ by Napoleon Perdis.
Beauty Note: Finish the look with a steady line of eye pencil along the top lash; this will simultaneously hide any discrepancies between the fake lashes and lash line whilst defining the look further.
Loose Eye Dusts
“It’s easy to lust after this dust.” –Napoleon
A highly pigmented loose powder in a canister that dispenses just the right amount of product each time. Start in the closed position, shake lightly and open to release. The sifter mechanism measures out enough shadow for one application. Dust or pat onto the eyes, cheeks or even body for brilliant shimmering highlights. The vivid results last from dust till dawn.
“Color beyond a shadow of a doubt.” –Napoleon
Give eyes a boost with our pigment-rich, head-turning eyeshadow collection. The stellar formula goes on smooth, is easy to blend and lasts for the ultimate color surge. Available in sparkle, shimmer, matte or metallic finishes. Color Discs are paraben-free.
Luminous Lip Veils
“Sheer, glossy shine that is truly divine” – Napoleon
Get ready for scene-stealing sheen: Luminous Lip Veil catches the light like never before. This liquid lipstick is enriched with Aloe Vera to hydrate your pout and flavored with Lychee Extract for lip-smacking glamour. A brush applicator makes application easy.
This 2-in-1 Blush and Bronze Powder is state-of-the-art. It combines the latest baked and pressed powder technology to conveniently give you the dual use of wet and dry application. Sweep cheeks with Bronzing Brush while dry for a fresh and natural glow. Or very lightly wet the brush for a stronger contour and create a more intense bronze and beautiful glow. Contains the hero antioxidant for skin, Vitamin E – for soft and supple skin.
Patrol – Conceal It
“A heavenly duo of concealers” – NAPOLEON
The dynamic duo of concealers. By cleverly combining two formulae in one shade, we give you the ultimate control when it comes to banishing flaws or imperfections. The ‘cream to powder’ formula is on the right to spot check for a flawless finish; while the ‘cream’ formula is on the left targeting dehydration zones.
DéVine Goddess Lipstick
“For timeless beauty” – Napoleon
From subtle to sassy, DéVine Goddess empowers you with sophisticated and chic colors. This signature series is enriched with herbal extracts and antioxidants to pamper your pout – leaving lips color saturated for seduction. Transcend to timeless beauty with DéVine Goddess.
Have an AMAZING long weekend guys!