Red Carpet Review: Top Ten Fashion Picks from the 2011 Golden Globes
As another year begins so does the highly anticipated awards season, bringing with it an eclectic mix of Hollywood royalty and the newest hot young starlets. Yesterday kicked it off with the highly regarded Golden Globes and in true Hollywood style there was that touch of controversy (heres looking at you Gervais), the expected winners (The Social Network ‘Best Motion Picture’ and Natalie Portman ‘Best Actress in a Drama’), the not-so expected winners (congratulations Annette Bening ‘Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical’), the graceful acceptance speech (hello Claire Danes ‘Best Performance By An Actress In A Mini-Series Or Motion Picture Made For Television’ ) and my favourite element of awards season, the fabulous frocks…
- A clear favourite for the ‘best dressed list’, Angelina Jolie proves she is still one of the world’s most glamorous women in her gorgeously structured, long sleeved emerald gown. The Atelier Versace design is encrusted with Swarovski crystals that give it a feminine edge, and the teaming of Ferragamo shoes and Robert Procop jewels make it my key pick in the style stakes.
- At every awards night there is that ONE princess style gown and Olivia Wilde is the wearer of this years favourite. The whimsical strapless chocolate brown Marchesa ballgown is a beautifully embroidered dream of fabric. Paired with Christian Louboutin shoes, jewels by Tiffany’s, a clutch by Judith Leiber and a rocking new blunt fringe I am loving all things Wilde.
- Anne Hathaway sparkled in her amber toned Giorgio Armani Privé evening gown. The paillettes and Swarovski crystal embellishments only exemplified the dresses dramatic shoulders, long fitted sleeves and low open back. Exquisite.
- Catherine Zeta Jones sizzled on the red carpet in her dress by Monique Lhuillier; looking more beautiful and elegant than the young starlets half her age, this archive worthy ball gown made me ‘green with envy’.
- Amy Adams pulled of this elegant Marchesa gown effortlessly. The teal sculpted one shoulder design can only be described as tres chic!
- Claire Danes wore her Calvin Klein Collection dress with the demure elegance of a true lady. Her simple chignon and pale pink lips only prettified her look further.
- Eva Longoria’s gown by Zac Posen ticked all the right ‘Hollywood Glamour’ boxes. Black, fishtailed, backless, cleavage, super-sleek and super-stylish. This housewife looked divine not desperate.
- Cristina Hendricks sizzles in this fiery Romona Keveza gown. The one-ruffled-shoulder gives a classic style a modern edge and her incredible red locks are offset by the pigmented red hue of the dress.
- Emma Stone is the epitome of ladylike chic in this Calvin Klein collection peach dress and Van Cleef & Arpels jewelery. She radiates newly found young confidence and her simple hair and makeup only embody her simple yet resolutely chic look.
- You would look this coy too if you looked like Naya Rivera in this Douglas Hannant pale pink strapless column gown with rosette detailing. Not many women can get away with such a simple, nude gown yet her natural beauty and slim curves make the effect very va-va-voom.
Images courtesy of Snapper Images and original article published for RESCU.
Who do you think was best dressed?