Hair Report: Old School & Adorable At Flannel
I’m in ridiculous amounts of love with the dress in the middle. DIVINE.
Captured in a Great Gatsby inspired setting, an intimate stage was set where Jon created a modern take on the roaring 20’s style for the ‘The ‘Neronis’ SS13 collection launch.
“Vintage glamour with sculptured hair that’s edgy and mysterious” says Redken Hair Director Jon Pulitano. His finger wave creation charmingly contrasts the pastel silhouettes featured at the evening soiree.
The finished result was a deep side part tapered in by a polished low bun; elegantly set with a wet look finish.
Check out how Jon and the REDKEN team created the Flannel look. (Which I adore as an FYI.)
1. Section damp hair into three sections. The lower back half of the head then, divide the front section into two sides, ensuring a very low side part.
2. Then to one section at a time, apply a generous amount of Redken Hardwear 16 ($29.95), working through from the roots to the ends for hold and a wet-look finish.
3. Keeping with the side part, take top sections and begin combing the hair forward towards the face.
4. Use your fingers to sculpt and position the hair into waves. Follow this pattern down the side of the face and around the ears.
5. Tie the hair in a low ponytail. Apply a little more Redken Hardwear 16 to the ponytail and then twist the hair into a tight bun. Secure with pins.
6. Spray the entire head with Redken Forceful 23 ($26.95) super strength finishing spray to give extra hold and a high gloss finish.